Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thing 15

Google docs is a great way to work with other people. The Commoncraft video gave me the idea of showing this to our yearbook/newspaper teacher. She has been struggling with a way for her students to save their work online and reach it from any computer. The student editors could then log in and edit (as could she) and the writer could then make changes. She had been struggling with papers missing and disappearing.

I think the concept is great but have personally had difficulties with finding what I'm looking for and logging into the document. I'm hoping this will all be resolved.

I did try to use this with a committee that was working on a school policy but one teacher refused to use google docs because she felt learning the technology would take to much time. I do think it will be valuable to use in this way.

No comments: