Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thing 19

I've been playing with delicious a while and actually have a number of accounts for different reasons. Here's the first one I set up for just myself: http://del.icio.us/morrisonmm77/website
I set this up during a training at REMC council meeting. I've had problems editing and bundling the tags on this account. It's strange because I've been able to edit the other accounts but haven't had success with this one. This one I've been working on from home and I have Vista. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
I also have used delcious accounts in training when I working with teachers. I set one up for the math and science teachers that had recently been given smartboards. The account had three tags. One for science and math and one for the smartboard. The science and math tags had specific content area websites where the teachers could find smartboard resources for their content area. The smartboard tag had websites that had to do with using the smartboard itself. I conducted the training and gave them all the password and they have begun saving sites for each other.
I also have an all staff delicious account set up through the media center. All the teachers that attended a training session on delicious have access to the password. I'd like to see the teachers share what they find in their content area with each other to enhance producitivity and promote community.

No comments: